Old 11-27-11, 09:49 AM

What's in your locker?
Having been a 'member' for several years I've often wondered if our locker was 'normal' in terms of the stuff we have in it and what other folks may have in theirs that we just haven't thought of.

We have boring things like toiletries and sunscreen as well as some things that we just don't use at home such as swimwear and beach towels.

What do other people have?
Old 11-27-11, 10:35 AM

Got to have laundry detergent.....

And of course wine.

Proud to be an OLJ!

Life the Mary Hudson Way
Old 11-27-11, 02:36 PM
Team Purple Member

Like you we have the toiletries, Tracy has her make-up and a few toys and colouring book for my daughter.

However, our locker looks more like a small BestBuy outlet as we have chargers for phones and iPad's, CD drive and charger for my MacBook Air, spare memory cards for the digital camera.

One of the more unusual items we have, perhaps, is a small HP photo printer. We enjoy printing some of the days photos each evening once our young daughter has gone to bed and then having them in her little photo album for when she wakes up the next day. She thinks that's magic!

We also have a small Apple Airport wireless router. That was one of our must-have items so that we were both able to use the internet in the room of an evening. However, that's not quite so important these days since they added free WiFi to all the DVC resorts.
Old 12-14-11, 11:36 AM

Strangest Items in ours is two multi-outlet boxes to give us room for more chargers (phones, Itouch, 3ds, laptop,router, and such)

Wife must haves are three good chefs knives, and a good non-stick frying pan. As she says i need good tools and the most dangerous knife is a dull knife. When the wife gets the need to cook all things are good , just ask my waistline.

Then for the most part it our Disney stuff.
Old 12-17-11, 09:59 AM

Just started with Owner's Locker
We just started with Owner's Locker last week while on vacation. I had to pack a 3rd suitcase to bring stuff down and now it will be super simple next time. A few things I did bring down in my "checked-in" luggage was a single electric burner, 2 non-stick frying pans and a spatula. Makes having breakfast in a Studio Room easy. It heats up well and we were able to have toast and eggs in the mornings. We're thinking we may ship down some kitchen knives and metal utensils since we didn't want to pack those in the suitcase even though it was being checked-in. It wasn't worth having our luggage held up. Things would have been easier with better kitchen knives for sure!
Old 12-17-11, 10:47 AM
Purple van driver

Location: at the OL warehouse in front of a bunch of computer screens
hi 2011, welcome to OL and these forums!
I had some relatives staying at a DVC resort over Thanksgiving who wanted to cook our meal in their two-bedroom unit. I don't think I ever quite realized how ill-equipped the kitchens were for cooking a big meal. i wound up hauling half of my kitchen utensils to Old Key West Thanksgiving morning!
j

John
Old 01-09-12, 09:03 PM

I've got A LOT of stuff going in to my locker when I meet it next month. There's the "normal" stuff such as toiletries & laundry supplies but there's also a hotpot, bag clips, earring backs, & an extra pair of sunglasses to name a few things.
Old 02-18-12, 10:05 AM

Some of the less expected items:

• Magnetic bulldog clips - for putting on the fridge to keep park hour sheets all in one place
  • A sheet magnet with a "leaving for the day" checklist so that we don't walk out without ponchos or sunscreen or whatever.
  • Glitter. Yes, glitter. I have a tradition of Tinkerbell leaving gifts for DS and we all know Tinkerbell leaves a trail of pixie dust. DS has lost 2 teeth while on vacation at WDW, so Tinkerbell has helped out the Tooth Fairy, too.
  • Star Wars dvds. We ended up with 2 sets of the original trilogy (now 3 since we have Blu-ray) so I put one set in a Locker for rainy-day watching or just quiet time.
  • Fleece blanket. I got one of the "purchase with purchase" blankets decorated with the Castle in holiday lights. It's great for warding off a/c chills when I'm the only one who is cold.
  • Small tray - this one is a "4 parks, 1 world" item purchased at WDW. It goes somewhere on the kitchen counter as a catch-all for room keys, APs, etc.
  • Travel version of Disney Scene It! Another good rainy day activity.
  • Unbreakable shower mirror and suction cups with hooks...most of the bathrooms in hotels in general are VERY poorly lit and I can't stand to put my makeup on in low light, so I am very accustomed to sitting in the floor next to the sliding glass door (or standing at a hotel room window) to take advantage of the sunlight. The suction cup hook lets me hang the mirror on the glass so I can see what I'm doing and have my hands free.
  • Glow sticks...not just for DS but we like to hand them out to other kids...spreads lots of smiles.
Old 02-27-12, 02:38 AM
Team Purple Member

OK, I can now add another unusual item to my Locker inventory - a soldering iron!

We'd packed a light-up toy in our luggage for our daughter and when we arrived at the resort last week discovered that the baggage handlers must have had a good time with our case and the toy was broken. (another good reason to carry as little as possible in luggage and leave it in your OL!)

A quick trip to RadioShack to get a soldering iron and some parts and the toy was all fixed!
Old 03-04-12, 10:28 PM

Shoe organizer
I love having my over the door shoe organizer in our owner's locker. With there being 5 of us, we end up having at least 10 pairs of shoes and I hate having them all over the floors. One of the first things I unpack is our over the door shoe organizer. We place it on the closet door or over the bedroom door, depending on which resort is our home away from home for the week. My husband's shoes don't fit so well in it, but my shoes and all 3 of the kids' shoes fit in there perfectly. It is so nice because the kids always know where their shoes are and we aren't looking for a shoe in the morning when we are trying to get out to beat the crowds!
Old 09-13-12, 06:15 PM

I have the usual stuff in my owner's locker. Love the shoe organizer, but I use it over the bathroom door for all my makeup, hair items for me and my daughter, sunscreen, antacids, medicine, etc. I might buy a second shoe organizer for our shoes, I HATE tripping over my daughter's shoes in the middle of the night.

Things in my locker may change, we are now DVC members and will have more room for things. I might end up with two lockers after our next trip.

A couple things I have in there that others may not are, Cinderella's Pumpkin coach that I made for decorating in my window. It comes apart occassionally so I also have a glue gun and additional glue sticks to put it back together. And, it also takes up a LOT of space, another reason to get a second locker.

We normally visit once a year, but it has been more than a year since our last trip. Hopefully we will be living on the east coast again soon and will be able to visit more often.

Oh yeah, one other thing I have in there is adult beverages. A must after a long day of walking around the parks.
Old 03-19-13, 09:58 PM

Weird Things in our Purple Locker
We have the usual toiletries but, we often use points on a Studio so we can stretch them out and go more often. So in order to cook in our room we have a Panini Press/Electric Grill combo and a single electric burner as well as one pot, a 6'' and 8'' fry pan along with a spatula. Amazing breakfasts can be made to start our day then head out to the parks. If we hit a rain date, grilled sandwiches, burgers or other grilled things can be made. Lets just say our locker is pretty heavy...poor bell service and Owner's locker team. They build muscles lifting this thing for sure.
Old 05-13-13, 03:01 PM

Unusual Things...yes!
I too have a HP Printer and printing paper as I am able to run my office while enjoying vacation!

I think most unusual is our Cuisinart Electric Salt & Pepper grinders. My hubby and I love salt & pepper and gotta be happy!

The best purchase by far has been the 3 piece self-contained grill accessory. It's really great for BBQ's by the pool at Old Key West!