Old 11-27-11, 10:05 AM

Can I take a locker on a cruise?
Hi again. I just posted a question about collecting a locker but I have another question and I hope I'm in the right place.

I haven't yet signed up but I'm staying at Boardwalk Villas for 5 nights in March and then I'm taking a cruise on the Dream for 3 nights. Can I have my locker delivered to BWV and then take it with me on the cruise? If so how do I get it back to you when I am done?

Do other people do this?
Old 11-27-11, 12:45 PM

I took my locker on a cruise on the Magic - stayed before and after at WDW so I didn't need to make special arrangements for picking up the locker.

-Ken
Old 12-02-11, 12:02 PM
On the Road

Originally Posted by SarahJ View Post
Hi again. I just posted a question about collecting a locker but I have another question and I hope I'm in the right place.

I haven't yet signed up but I'm staying at Boardwalk Villas for 5 nights in March and then I'm taking a cruise on the Dream for 3 nights. Can I have my locker delivered to BWV and then take it with me on the cruise? If so how do I get it back to you when I am done?

Do other people do this?
Many who have taken their locker on the cruise have a stay after the cruise at a WDW resort where it can easily be picked up, but we can make arrangements (in advance) for pick-up/delivery at MCO.

Please be aware that the cruise line baggage handlers are not always very gentle with lockers and several have reported items damaged when they get their locker in their stateroom. I'd sure take that into consideration before taking my locker onboard.
Old 12-05-11, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Purple Van View Post
Please be aware that the cruise line baggage handlers are not always very gentle with lockers and several have reported items damaged when they get their locker in their stateroom. I'd sure take that into consideration before taking my locker onboard.
This is so very true. I have not had any issues with my locker but have had damage to other luggage. Be careful and pack well!

Proud to be an OLJ!

Life the Mary Hudson Way
Old 02-24-12, 01:51 PM

Anyone ever take it as a carry on with DCL? We have a folding hand cart and would rather just keep it with us.
Old 05-01-12, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by kimpossible View Post
Anyone ever take it as a carry on with DCL? We have a folding hand cart and would rather just keep it with us.
I sent this question to DCL:
Will an item 13 inches high and 20 inches wide fit through the carry-on X-ray scanners at Port Canaveral?
And received this response:
You may bring aboard the ship a reasonable amount of clothing and personal effects not to exceed two bags per person. In addition, you may carry onboard one day bag plus a purse or briefcase. Day bags cannot be any larger than 9" x 14" x 22".

All luggage must be stored in your stateroom; there is no luggage storage area available at the terminal or onboard the ships.