Old 02-17-12, 11:29 PM

Why Cookware, Flatware, Silverware?
I'm a new DVC member, so pardon my greeness......Why do you need dishes, silverware, cooking utensils, etc., in your Owner's Locker? Aren't those things provided in at least the 1 and 2 bedrooms?
Old 02-18-12, 12:22 AM

Welcome to DVC!

Silverware and dishes - yes, they are provided in 1, 2, and 3br units. In studio accommodations, the dinnerware provided is disposable - paper plates and plastic cutlery. I'm not a big fan of paper plates so I keep some melamine plates in one of my Lockers.

Cooking utensils - some basics are provided in villas, but not all the things I prefer to have. For instance, a spatula is provided, but it's a rubber spatula, not what is sometimes called a pancake turner. I use the latter a lot and therefore keep one in my Locker. And some items that are provided are not great...I keep a good quality all-purpose knife in a Locker.

Other things I use: tea ball, pizza cutter, ice cream scoop.

Having a Locker (or two ) means you can make your vacation more comfortable and part of that is having what makes it easier for you to get ready in the morning or cook a meal. Some of the items I have in my Lockers aren't exactly necessary, but they sure do put the "home" in "Welcome Home."
Old 02-18-12, 08:45 AM

We find most comforts in any DVC accom but we have placed a couple of things that we find necessary:

1. Pump hand soap. Bar soap is provided but if you have little ones, this tends to invite a bubble party in the sink every time they use it!
2. Definetly a pizza cutter. We buy frozen pizzas every time we go and there is never one.
3. Shampoo, Cond, laundry detergent - Just key items : )
4. Large cups. We use these for water, soda and for a couple of them, fun in the tub items for the kids!

Welcome to the land of the purple!