Old 08-01-09, 05:31 PM
Purple van driver

Location: at the OL warehouse in front of a bunch of computer screens
Roller coaster in the Boardwalk lobby: The Everyday Adventures of the Purple Van Aug1
Nope; it's not a real roller coaster. I don't even think the Disney imagineers would try that one!

It's a miniature model on display in the lobby of Disney's Boardwalk Inn and Villas in a plastic case.

I'm sure there is a story about this model somewhere but I certainly can't provide any details.
I always notice it as I head out of the luggage room and through the operations department where we leave notations for our Members' reservations letting them know that their Locker has arrived.

I can say that it does not look new!

But you know, the Disney Resorts are so chock full of stuff like this, you almost wish there was a guide book or audio guide like you see in museums so you could appreciate the incredible items on display.

To see the model roller coaster, just look to your left when you enter the Boardwalk lobby. It's near the fireplace.

john