Old 07-31-09, 06:40 PM
Purple van driver

Location: at the OL warehouse in front of a bunch of computer screens
The Backside of Pop Century: The Everyday Adventures Of The Purple Van July 31
Yes, this is what the back side of Disney's Pop Century Resort looks like. This picture was taken from the pool deck (before the rains came today). And, if you are even a semi-regular reader of The Everyday Adventures Of the Purple Van, you may wonder why on earth I seem to be so fascinated by the rear entrances to the Disney resorts.

I think the short answer is that I think the back is often prettier than the front. Hopefully, I'm not nuts, but it seems to me that in case after case, resort after resort, the rear entrance is where you really get the full impact of the place. And let's face it, that "POP" is rather difficult to miss.

Maybe its because you mainly see the front entrance when you first arrive and you get to focus this one every other time you enter the resort. Maybe it's because so much space in the front entrance is taken up with driveways and bus stops or the canopy that each resort has to provide a bit of protection from the rain.

Yet again, I'm reminded of the sign my mom had on the rear door of the house I grew up in: "Back Door Guests Are Best."
john