Purple Talk Forums

Purple Talk Forums (http://www.ownerslocker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback-The Locker (http://www.ownerslocker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   New Zip Ties... (http://www.ownerslocker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=560)

Laurabearz 06-24-11 05:15 PM

New Zip Ties...

Heya John :-)

We tried out the new zip ties you gave us and I have a few comments...

I found it very hard to grab onto the end and pull the zip strip through, and could only do it, off the locker where we could start by pushing it though, then pulling.

The shorter strip was difficult to push to get it started when looped around the locker top.

Can they be made a bit longer?

:)

KNWVIKING 2.0 06-29-11 10:00 PM

John was considering an IPO to start a Zip Tie Stretcher Rental Program (NASDAQ symbol ZTSRP) to solve this problem, but to date the SEC has not authorized the IPO.

DaraAllen 07-07-11 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurabearz (Post 4121)
Heya John :-)

We tried out the new zip ties you gave us and I have a few comments...

I found it very hard to grab onto the end and pull the zip strip through, and could only do it, off the locker where we could start by pushing it though, then pulling.

The shorter strip was difficult to push to get it started when looped around the locker top.

Can they be made a bit longer?

:)

Hi Bearz!:D

John@Owner's Locker 08-04-11 02:57 PM

Hi Laura,
I asked the same question of the manufacturer and was told that's the only size for now. So far, feedback on the new ties has been very positive...in fact, what I hear most is good riddance to the blue ones...
j

TLinden16/Jellyrolls 12-21-11 10:39 PM

I just got to use the new zip ties for the first time, and I loved them. I found them really easy to use, and more importantly really easy to open. Nice improvement.

KNWVIKING 2.0 12-22-11 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLinden16/Jellyrolls (Post 4196)
......and more importantly really easy to open. Nice improvement.

I'm not sure that's an improvement.

TLinden16/Jellyrolls 12-22-11 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KNWVIKING 2.0 (Post 4199)
I'm not sure that's an improvement.

Let me rephrase. The new zip ties keep the box closed and secure as well as the blue tags. I always had trouble opening the blue tags. You twist these ones to break the seal as opposed to pulling them apart. I am confident that the new ties keep the contents of my locker safe and secure.

KNWVIKING 2.0 12-22-11 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLinden16/Jellyrolls (Post 4200)
I am confident that the new ties keep the contents of my locker safe and secure.

John has scissors.

John@Owner's Locker 12-25-11 07:07 PM

Hey Karen, is it too late to warn you not to take anything Ken (Viking) says seriously???
j

KNWVIKING 2.0 12-25-11 10:39 PM

You don't have scissors ?

athenna 12-29-11 09:43 AM

I'm glad I saw this, just dawned on me we're out of zip ties:confused: do you just automatically give us new ones?

TLinden16/Jellyrolls 12-29-11 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John@Owner's Locker (Post 4202)
Hey Karen, is it too late to warn you not to take anything Ken (Viking) says seriously???
j

That's a good thing to know. Hehe :)

TLinden16/Jellyrolls 12-29-11 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KNWVIKING 2.0 (Post 4204)
You don't have scissors ?

I don't know if John has them, but I have a pair in my Owner's Locker--not that that will help me undo my zip lock.

TLinden16/Jellyrolls 12-29-11 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by athenna (Post 4208)
I'm glad I saw this, just dawned on me we're out of zip ties:confused: do you just automatically give us new ones?

Athenna, they put two sets of zip ties in the pocket outside your locker each time they deliver it. I try to remember to throw the extra set in my locker if I don't use it in case I ever need to lock my locker a lot on the trip.

Matt@Team Purple 01-01-12 12:03 PM

You guys may find this video useful, it shows the new seals that you get on your OL now.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xpi4Q_mgVP0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Steve1975 03-30-12 12:13 AM

That's a good idea to take the extra ties and store them for potential future use.